|Professional Development through partnership with CUNA
IRA Workshop: Essentials (Atlanta, GA)
October 29, 2013
8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. Local Time
Small CU Discounts: CUs under $10 million in assets receive a 25% discount by entering promotion code 0925CU on the “Complete Checkout” page. Only one discount applies.
Build your IRA knowledge and provide top-notch service to your credit union's members.
IRA Essentials: Day 1
IRA Essentials will provide attendees with a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. Topics include:
- Introduction to IRAs
- Establishing an IRA
- IRA Distribution
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. - Noon Sessions
Noon - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 - 4:30 p.m. Sessions
TOPICS & OBJECTIVES
Introduction to IRAs
- Explain the benefits of an IRA
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
Establishing an IRA
- Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
- Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
- Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Identify the contribution limit and deadline
- Ensure accurate contribution reporting
- Distinguish the possible taxes on IRA distributions
- Identify federal and state tax withholding requirements
- Examine IRS penalties and their exceptions
- Ensure accurate distribution reporting
- Identify the differences between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Ensure accurate rollover reporting
- Recognize reporting requirements and outline IRA reporting deadlines
Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
HOLIDAY INN GWINNETT CENTER6310 Sugarloaf PkwyDuluth, GA 30097-4334
Phone: (770) 510-1805
Fax: (770) 510-1808
Room rates: $109/night plus tax*
Hotel Reservation Deadline: October 14, 2013
* Room rates and availability cannot be guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to this date, so make your hotel reservations early! Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registrant.
Debbie Shipman, CIS, CIP, CISP
Debbie is an IRA training consultant for Ascensus, Inc., a division of Crump Group, Inc. and is responsible for developing and delivering IRA training programs on a national level to meet the needs of credit unions and leagues. In addition, Debbie is a key part of the tax reporting team that is charged with ensuring that tax reporting changes are implemented. Debbie is also the project manager for league and in-house training programs, as well as the trainer toolkit. Her responsibilities include the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum.
The last day for cancellations was October 21, 2013. Substitutions are accepted anytime prior to the start of the program at no additional cost. Simply fax event and contact information, listing the new participant and who they will be replacing. Cancellation fees do not apply for free or complimentary programs.