|Professional Development through partnership with CUNA
IRA Workshop: Essentials
November 12, 2013
8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. Local Time
Small CU Discounts: CUs under $10 million in assets receive a 25% discount by entering promotion code 0925CU on the “Complete Checkout” page. Only one discount applies.
Build your IRA knowledge and provide top-notch service to your credit union's members.
IRA Essentials: Day 1
IRA Essentials will provide attendees with a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. Topics include:
- Introduction to IRAs
- Establishing an IRA
- IRA Distribution
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. - Noon Sessions
Noon - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 - 4:30 p.m. Sessions
TOPICS & OBJECTIVES
Introduction to IRAs
- Explain the benefits of an IRA
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
Establishing an IRA
- Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
- Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
- Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Identify the contribution limit and deadline
- Ensure accurate contribution reporting
- Distinguish the possible taxes on IRA distributions
- Identify federal and state tax withholding requirements
- Examine IRS penalties and their exceptions
- Ensure accurate distribution reporting
- Identify the differences between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Ensure accurate rollover reporting
- Recognize reporting requirements and outline IRA reporting deadlines
Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
SALUDA SHOALS PARK RIVER CENTER5605 Bush River RdColumbia, SC 29212
Phone: (803) 772-1228
Hyatt Place Columbia/Harbison
1130 Kinley Road
Irmo, SC 29063
Room rate $85 per night*
*Room rates and availability cannot be guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to this date, so make your reservations early! Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registrant. To claim this room rate, call for reservations and reference "CUNA" or "Credit Union National Association."
Fred Volkman, CIP
Fred is a training consultant for Ascensus, Inc., a division of Crump Group, Inc.
He is responsible for developing and delivering IRA training programs on a national level to meet the needs of credit unions and leagues. Fred is also the project manager for compliance and operational eLearning. As such, he is responsible for overseeing new and existing webinars for credit union staff, including the development, design, implementation, assessment and maintenance of all courses. He is also the project manager for the IRAdirectÂ® training environment.
Cancellations received in writing (via fax 608-231-4327) seven or more days before the start of the program are eligible for a refund of the amount paid minus a $50 administrative fee.
No refunds will be granted if cancellation is received six days or less before a program begins. Substitutions are accepted anytime prior to the start of the program at no additional cost. Simply fax event and contact information, listing the new participant and who they will be replacing. Cancellation fees do not apply for free or complimentary programs.