|Professional Development through partnership with CUNA
IRA Workshop: Advanced IRA's
November 13, 2013
8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. Local Time
Small CU Discounts: CUs under $10 million in assets receive a 25% discount by entering promotion code 0925CU on the “Complete Checkout” page. Only one discount applies.
Build your IRA knowledge and provide top-notch service to your credit union's members.
Advanced IRA's: Day 2
Advanced IRA's builds on attendee's basic IRA knowledge to help them address some of the more complex IRA issues. Attendees participate in real-world credit union activities which allow them to immediately apply their learning to the real world. Topics Include:
- Amendment Issues
- Resolving Contribution Issues
- Advanced Portability
- RMD and Beneficiary Issues
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. - Noon Sessions
Noon - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 - 4:30 p.m. Sessions
Of related interest: IRA Workshop: Essentials
TOPICS & OBJECTIVES
- Recognize amendment requirements and procedures
- Describe a catch-all amendment
Resolving Contribution Issues
- Identify the difference between an true excess and a deemed excess
- Explain the deadline to correct an excess contribution
- Calculate net income attributable (NIA) and describe the methods for correcting an excess contribution
- Explain the restrictions on the movement between IRAs and the result of violating the portability restrictions
- Recognize the options available when moving from an employer-sponsored retirement plan to an IRA
- Describe a conversion, a reconversion, and the consequences of an ineligible conversion
RMD and Beneficiary Issues
- Calculate a required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Discuss the RMD rules and reporting requirements
- Describe beneficiary distribution options and deadlines
- Explain the withholding notice and election requirements
- Recognize when withholding is mandatory, how it is reported, and what penalties may apply
Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
SALUDA SHOALS PARK RIVER CENTER5605 Bush River RdColumbia, SC 29212
Phone: (803) 772-1228
* Room rates and availability cannot be guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to this date, so make your reservations early! Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registrant. To claim this room rate, call for reservations and reference "CUNA" or "Credit Union National Association."
Hyatt Place Columbia/Harbison
1130 Kinley Road
Irmo, SC 29063
Room rate $85 per night
Fred Volkman, CIP
Fred is a training consultant for Ascensus, Inc., a division of Crump Group, Inc.
He is responsible for developing and delivering IRA training programs on a national level to meet the needs of credit unions and leagues. Fred is also the project manager for compliance and operational eLearning. As such, he is responsible for overseeing new and existing webinars for credit union staff, including the development, design, implementation, assessment and maintenance of all courses. He is also the project manager for the IRAdirectÂ® training environment.
The last day for cancellations was November 5, 2013. Substitutions are accepted anytime prior to the start of the program at no additional cost. Simply fax event and contact information, listing the new participant and who they will be replacing. Cancellation fees do not apply for free or complimentary programs.